Here is a list of documents you need to obtain before planning your arrangements. Whether you’re planning for yourself or assisting a loved one, this comprehensive checklist guarantees that no detail will be overlooked.
Vital statistics (including)
- Name of father, place of birth, year
- Mother’s maiden name, place of birth, year
- Education – elementary, high school, college, graduate school
Social Security number
- Military service
- Branch rank
- Date of enlistment
- Date of discharge
- Name(s) of war/conflict(s) toured
- Serial number
- Fraternal, service, and union memberships
- Special recognitions
Persons to contact
- Children, relatives, and friends to notify
- Preferred clergy/celebrant
- Names of pallbearers and honorary pallbearers
- Preferred music, Bible verses, or poetry
- Preferred clothing or jewelry
- Burial property information
- Special instructions
Location of important documents and passwords
Online Planning Form
Start making your own funeral or cremation arrangements right here on our website.
Meet with a Professional
Our compassionate, professional team is available to you whenever you need us.
Find answers to some of the most common funeral-related questions.